Women & Minority Scholarships
Spring Term 2018
We at SSC & CAN! Research recognize that diversity in leadership and work force makes us stronger, more adaptable, and more imaginative. We know this because the same is true for plant health when we cultivate a biologically-dynamic soil environment. We also recognize that women and minorities have suffered the greatest under cannabis prohibition (as have soil microbes under conventional agriculture), so SSC & CAN! would like to make restitution and reward promising women and minorities in the cannabis industry by offering four scholarships for each term of the Cannabis Horticultural Science Course as well as SSC Certification totaling over $3000 in awards.
There are two scholarship categories: 1) Women and 2) Minorities. Scholarships will be awarded as follows:
• One Full-Tuition Scholarship from either category (valued at $1.000)
• Two Half-Tuition Scholarships, one for Women and one for Minorities (each valued at $500)
How to Apply: Submit a 1-2 page essay describing your vision for a culturally-diverse, socially-responsible, and environmentally-sustainable future for the cannabis industry. Include separately a brief statement of your financial need or other hurdles. Judging criteria includes both essay and financial need. The deadline to apply for Spring term is Friday March 23rd, 2018 and awards will be announced and awardees will be notified on Friday April 6th, 2018.
• Women who are also minorities may apply for either or both application categories.
• Applicants for the Women category may be a biological woman or identify as a woman or both.
• Minority category applicants must have at least 25 percent Asian-Indian, Asian-Pacific, Black, Hispanic, Native American, etc heritage.
• Applicants agree to allow SSC & CAN! to publish your essay, giving author credit, to its website and other promotional materials.
• Applicants agree to allow SSC & CAN! to announce the awarding of their scholarship, if awarded, including the applicant’s name
• Award recipients must enroll and pay remaining tuition balance (if any) by 5pm on April 13th. If enrollment is not completed by then, SSC & CAN! will award the scholarship to the next highest-ranked applicant, who will then have 24 hours to complete enrollment.